Sirius has acquired Boca Raton-based solution provider, Champion Solutions Group. The acquisition was finalized on November 30 and increases Sirius’ presence in the Southeast region, as well as strengthens its Microsoft cloud capabilities.
Founded in 1979, Champion has a loyal client base in Florida and other portions of Southeastern and Eastern U.S. The Champion team offers innovative IT solutions and services around Microsoft 365 and Azure, as well as infrastructure, security, mobility, data management and consulting. Champion’s MessageOps cloud business unit is a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) and offers full-service support and value-added services; has migrated over six million seats to Office 365; and has thousands of clients leveraging MessageOps software. MessageOps has been a leader and innovator of Microsoft 365 and Azure tools and services since the beginning of Microsoft’s Business Productivity Online Services (BPOS) days. Experts in the art of managing the Microsoft cloud, MessageOps has launched numerous tools including its flagship offering, Inscape.
Aside from a very strong Microsoft partnership, Champion’s vendor partnerships include IBM, NetApp, HPE, Pure Storage, Cisco, Cohesity, Palo Alto and more.
“Sirius is a great fit for our employees, our clients and our offerings as we enter this next chapter of our business. Our employees will have the opportunity to further strengthen their skillsets and grow their careers, and our clients will have immediate access to a greater breadth of solutions and services. We will also have the ability to invest more resources into the ongoing development of our IP, enabling us to deliver leading-edge cloud monitoring, management and security tools. Our mission of helping our clients reduce costs, increase productivity and mitigate risk will continue within the Sirius brand.” –Chris Pyle, President and CEO, Champion
Merging the two companies strengthens Sirius’ cloud and data center capabilities, and offers Champion clients an expanded portfolio of solutions in the areas of security, data, digital, managed services, cloud, IT strategy and digital infrastructure.
“Champion has a unique Microsoft cloud practice called MessageOps that will bring a competitive advantage to Sirius. Joining forces with Champion provides an opportunity for Sirius to gain valuable intellectual property assets and expertise related to Microsoft Azure cloud services and Microsoft 365 productivity and collaboration tools, which will add value for our clients. With our combined team we will be able to offer clients an expanded services and solutions portfolio.” –Joe Mertens, President and CEO, Sirius
Sirius is a privately held company, founded in 1980 and headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. It has approximately 2,600 employees and more than 5,400 active clients across the United States.
Sirius invests significantly in the skills of its sales team, solution specialists and consultants, who have achieved over 5,500 professional and technical certifications. It focuses on technology-based business solutions that span the data center and other lines of business, and is consistently recognized not only as a leader in the industry, but also as a company with a strong set of core values guiding its leaders and employees.
How does the acquisition benefit Champion clients?
- Access to deeper and broader solutions and services
- Security: $800 million in security revenue with 400+ combined technical and industry certifications
- Business Innovation: Digital and data offerings, including a Sirius digital agency, and capabilities in analytics, digital transformation, artificial intelligence, machine learning, blockchain, etc.
- Cloud and Managed Services: A Sirius Cloud Center of Excellence (CCoE), and world-class managed services Command Centers in Omaha, NE, Chicago, IL and Chennai, India
- IT Strategy: Expertise in infrastructure and operations, data center transformation and consulting
- Access to over 600 technology vendor partnerships
- National coverage with a growing team of experts who hold over 5,500 current professional and technical certifications
- Sirius regional Technology Enablement Centers (TECs)
- A Tier III Sirius Data Center in Chicago, IL
- Dedicated Sirius Healthcare and Sirius Federal practices
How does the acquisition benefit MessageOps clients?
- Same as above benefits to Champion clients
- Continued investments in innovation of Microsoft cloud tools and services
- Access to the Sirius Cloud Center of Excellence with strong cloud partnerships, including AWS, Google, IBM, Microsoft and VMware
- Additional technical teams supporting Microsoft 365 and Azure
- Additional software development capabilities
- Additional capabilities around other digital collaboration, including solutions from Cisco, HCL and Microsoft
How does the acquisition benefit Sirius clients?
- Access to deeper capabilities in Microsoft cloud services
- Access to MessageOps’ flagship offering, Inscape, as well as other MessageOps products and tools
- Additional technical teams supporting cloud and data center solutions with over 400 technology certifications
- Sirius + Champion = Over 80 years of combined industry knowledge, IT skills and expertise
- Increased presence in the Southeast and Eastern U.S.
To learn more about Champion, visit championsg.com, and to learn more about MessageOps, visit messageops.com.
To learn more about Sirius, visit siriuscom.com.
Read our press release.
For any questions, contact us.