Sirius Computer Solutions, Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Sirius”) are committed to maintaining the privacy, confidentiality and security of personal information provided to and collected through your interaction with our website or use of a software product or service that is owned and/or operated by MessageOps, a business unit of Sirius. This Policy explains our information collection practices on our website and in connection with our software products and services (the Service), such as the types of information we collect regarding visitors or users and the ways in which we may use the gathered information..
To the extent Sirius provides you notice on our website or the Service of different or additional privacy policies or practices (e.g., at the point of our collection of your information), those additional terms shall govern such data collection and use. In addition, please review the End User License Agreement, which governs your use of the Service. Continued use of Sirius’ website and the Service indicates you have accepted this Policy.
Policy of compliance
Sirius’ policy is to comply with privacy legislation within each jurisdiction in which it operates. Privacy legislation and/or an individual’s right to privacy will differ from one jurisdiction to another. Specific privacy practices may be adopted to address the privacy requirements of particular jurisdictions.
What information does Sirius collect through this website and the Service?
Information you provide to Sirius
As part of your visit to this website or your use of the Service, Sirius may ask you to provide certain categories of personally identifiable information, which is information that identifies you personally, e.g., your job title, first and last name, e-mail address, physical address, username, phone number, and other similar types of information. Sirius may collect this information through various forms and in various places on the website or the Service, including job inquiries, account registration forms, ‘contact us’ forms, or when you otherwise interact with the website and Service.
Information we collect as you access the website and/or Service
We may collect and process the following data from and about you:
- Information collected as part of your visits to the website or use of the Service.
- Details of your use of the website or Service.
- Details of any e-mail correspondence or any other interactions you have with us through the website or Service.
- Cookie or other tracking information described below.
In addition to any Personal Information you choose to submit to Sirius through the website or Service, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically store or collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the website or Service (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored or accessed using a variety of technologies that may be downloaded to the device you use to access the website and Service. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. Whenever we associate Usage Information with Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to the device used to access the website or Service;
- Your device functionality (including browser, operating system, hardware, mobile network information, etc.);
- The URL that referred you to the website or Service;
- The areas of the website or Service that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences; and
- Your device location, characteristics, and certain other device data.
Sirius may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information. These methods or technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your device. By using this website, you consent to our use of these methods and technologies. A few of these methods and technologies include, without limitation, the following (and similar methods and technologies subsequently developed):
Cookies: A cookie is a data file placed on a device when it is used to visit the website or Service. Please be aware that if you disable or remove cookies on your device, some parts of the website or Service may not function properly, and that when you revisit the website or Service your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings.
Web beacons: Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons may be included in our website or Service. Web beacons may be used to count visitors to the website or Service, monitor how users navigate the website or Service, or to count how many particular articles or links were viewed.
Embedded scripts: An embedded script is programming code designed to collect information about your interactions with the website or Service, such as the links you click. The code is temporarily downloaded to your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the website or Service, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
ETag or entity tag: An ETag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. An ETag is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version or a resource found at a URL.
How your information is used
Sirius may use the your information that is subject to this Policy for a variety of reasons:
- Performance of a contract;
- Improvements in customer service;
- Improvement in our products and services;
- Customizing your experience while using the website and Service and enable you utilize the features of the website and Service;
- Data analytics and other internal business purposes;
- Responding to inquiries for support, other business-related requests;
- Employment-related inquiries (see Sirius’ Employment Data Privacy Statement for additional information regarding Sirius’ employment data privacy practices and guidelines);
- Identifying who visits Sirius’ website;
- Managing Sirius’ relationship with you;
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy; and
- In accordance with the EULA.
Through your continued use of the website and Service you have accepted the terms and conditions of this Policy. You also consent to receiving communications from Sirius for a variety of reasons, including but not limited to: (1) receiving news related to Sirius, including marketing and promotional events and (2) correspondence regarding any transactions you may have completed or attempted to complete through this website or the Service. Neither your access to this website or Service nor ability to do business with Sirius requires your continued consent to receive email communications from Sirius. You may opt-out of any and all email communications from Sirius by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any Sirius email communication sent to you.
Disclosure of your information
Sirius may share Personal Information such as aggregated user statistics with third parties. We may also share your Device Identifiers with third parties along with data related to you and your activities. We do not share your Personal Information that we have collected directly from you on the website or Service with third parties for those third parties’ marketing purposes unless you consent to such sharing at the time you provide your Personal Information. In addition, we may also share information collected about you (in accordance with this Policy) as described below.
Third parties providing services on Sirius’ behalf. Sirius may use third-party vendors to perform certain services related to the website and Service, such as hosting the website, designing and operating the website or Services’ features, tracking the website or Services’ activities and analytics, and enabling us to send you special offers or perform other administrative services. To perform these services, we may provide third-party vendors with access to user information. These third parties are not authorized to use the disclosed information for any purpose other than in connection with the services being provided to Sirius. These third parties may retain any information used or provided in any such communications or other activities, and these third parties’ practices are not subject to this Policy. Sirius, however, has no control over the privacy practices of websites, applications and services it does not own or operate.
Administrative and legal reasons. Sirius may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information, including disclosure to third parties: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process if in our good faith opinion such disclosure is required or permitted by law; (ii) to protect or defend the EULA or other policies applicable to the website or Service, including the investigation of potential violations; (ii) to protect the rights of third parties; and/or (iv) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. These disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Affiliates and subsequent owners. Sirius may share your information with our parent, subsidiaries, and affiliates (“Affiliates”). We reserve the right to disclose your information to a subsequent owner or operator of the website or Service or in connection with a change of control transaction, including during the course of any due diligence process.
Third-party websites and content. The website and Service may contain content provided by a third party. Those third parties may collect information from you based on your use of the website or Service. You may also be redirected to websites or applications that are owned and operated by third parties that Sirius does not control. We are not responsible for the data collection or privacy practices employed by any of these third-party sites.
How do I change my information and communications preferences? You have the following rights regarding the management of your personally identifiable information:
- Updating your Personally Identifiable Information: Sirius relies on you to update and correct your personally identifiable information. All requests to correct your information must be directed to the contact in the Notice section below.
- Deletion of your Personally Identifiable Information: You may have the right to request Sirius delete your personally identifiable information. All requests for deletion of your information must be directed to the contact in the Notice section below. Sirius may delete you information if we believe it is incomplete, inaccurate, or our continued use and storage is contrary to our obligations to other individuals or third parties. When information is deleted from our database, it may remain active in our archives where it is not possible or practicable to delete the information. We may also retain your information as necessary to comply with legal obligations.
- Access to your Personally Identifiable Information: As required by law, Sirius will grant reasonable access to the personally identifiable information we maintain. All requests for access to your personally identifiable information must be directed to the contact in the Notice section below.
What about transfer of information to the United States? Our website and Service is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that information we collect will be transferred to, and processed, stored and used in the United States. By using the website or Service or providing us with any information, you consent to the transfer to, and processing, usage, sharing and storage of your information in the United States as set forth in this Policy.
What should parents know about children? The website or Service is intended for general audiences and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children younger than the age of thirteen (13) as required by United States law. We will delete any Personal Information collected that we later determine to be from a user younger than the age of thirteen (13). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (13) and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to Sirius, please contact us at the email address provided in the Notice section below.
Protection and storage of your information
Sirius endeavors to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure. That said, no method of transmission of information over the internet or electronic storage is fully secure.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements, Sirius retains Personal Information for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected (including meeting any legal or other reporting requirements or obligations).
Notice and questions
If you have questions regarding this Policy, would like to request access to or deletion of your personally identifiable information, “opt out” of Sirius email subscriptions, or have questions, comments, or complaints regarding Sirius’ privacy practices, please contact us. We will attempt to respond to all requests in an appropriate and timely manner.
Sirius may from time to time make changes to this Policy to reflect changes in legal or regulatory obligations or in the manner in which we deal with personally identifiable information. To the extent this Policy is materially changed, the policy in place at the time you submitted your personally identifiable information will generally govern such information.