March 12, 2020 marks the End of General Support for vSphere 6.0 and if you’re worried about what your next step is, you’ve come to the right place. Brandon Seymour, Sirius senior solutions architect and VMware subject matter expert, has created a Life After 6.0 guide to help you understand and navigate the benefits of upgrading your environments to vSphere 6.7.
This software upgrade—though mandatory for 6.0ers—is actually a strategic opportunity for your company to experience major performance improvements while letting the experts at Sirius take care of the transitional work to get you up and running on 6.7 in no time.
Two significant changes to vCenter Server Appliance 6.7 are a simplification of the architecture and a reversion to running all vCenter Server services on a single instance. Other improvements include:
- 2X faster performance in vCenter Server operations per second
- 3X reduction in memory usage
- 3X faster operations relating to VMware vSphere Distributed Resource Scheduler
vSphere 6.7 provides numerous new-and-improved features that will enhance your operations, including:
- vSphere Quick Boot
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0
- Encrypted vMotion
- Microsoft Virtualization-Based Security (VBS)
- vSphere Persistent Memory
- vCenter Server Hybrid Linked Mode
- Per-VM Enhanced vMotion Compatibility (EVC)
Because the upgrade and transition come with a comprehensive roadmap of the different stages, requirements and good-to-knows, these are a few of the critical aspects to learn and plan for beforehand:
- Extensive description of the new features and enhancements to look forward to with vSphere 6.7
- Pre-upgrade considerations, such as compatibility issues and tools you can utilize to collect important data on your environment to assist with the upgrade
- Important details about upgrade duration and prerequisite back-ups of your virtual infrastructure
- Step-by-step process and guide through the actual upgrade
- A wide variety of additional resources to discover more and continue planning your upgrade to vSphere 6.7 today
Why choose Sirius as your VMware partner
Sirius has multiple Master Services competences which demonstrate that we can deliver on the complex portfolio of products that VMware offers. As a VMware Master Services partner, Sirius:
- Delivers proven and validated professional services deployments
- Provides the broadest capabilities across advanced VMware solutions
- Accelerates time-to-value with exclusive access to delivery-oriented intellectual property
For a deeper dive into what End of General Support for vSphere 6.0 means for you, along with in-depth coverage of the new server virtualization options available, read this full-length blog on the VMware Velocity blog site. Along with expert advice on how to strategically handle life after 6.0, you’ll find helpful resources to further your learning and understanding of VMware’s capabilities and technological resources.
Contact a Sirius expert today to learn more about the state-of-the-art cloud and managed services offerings Sirius and VMware provide. Visit our partner showcase page for examples of cloud solutions that helped businesses just like yours transform and optimize their IT capabilities.