Circinus LLC is a leading provider of operational intelligence, training and support. The company uses sophisticated, integrated security solutions to help government clients identify security threats from a variety of sources, and turn that information into actionable intelligence.
Running on the IBM LinuxONE platform (an IBM Z mainframe configured to run Linux exclusively) and IBM FlashSystem all-flash storage, the Sirius-Circinus LinuxONE Security Solution built on IBM Analytics leverages a number of products from the IBM Analytics and IBM Security portfolios, including:
- IBM Security: IBM Guardium is being used to protect data in both the storage and mainframe environments. Because the solution is dealing with so much data that could be subject to GDPR compliance, as well as data that has sensitivities to the client, Circinus chose Guardium as the last layer of protection inside an already very secure network infrastructure environment.
- IBM Analytics: Circinus structured IBM i2 Enterprise Insight Analysis, IBM Watson Explorer, IBM Cognos Analytics and IBM Data Science Platform to meet very specific client analytics requirements including the ability to manage data in motion and data at rest.
- IBM Connections: Circinus used IBM Connections to deliver a complete collaboration environment for the client that supports user collaboration, data sharing, knowledge management and publishing requirements. The features of IBM Connections made it a natural fit for the user interface, as its customizability and stability out of the box met most of the requirements for user collaboration. The solution also integrates IBM Sametime Connect and an in-environment language translation capability.
To augment their own in-house resources, Circinus partnered with Sirius to architect, integrate and implement the different software elements into a cohesive, functional and reliable solution—initially in an IBM data center, and later in the client’s country. As Circinus’ director of Engineering said, “Sirius and the IBM z/VM team provided invaluable support, working closely with us to fine-tune configuration in a short time frame. With the team’s help, the whole environment was set up and running in just 45 days.”
The results included:
- Accelerated acquisition and analysis of time-sensitive data to support intelligence work
- Protection of vital government services with high-availability architecture
- 100% encryption to help secure sensitive intelligence reports
You can learn more about this solution by reading the recent IBM case study on this Circinus and Sirius project.
Sirius provides leading-edge technology solutions, expert implementation and advisory services, top-ranked managed services and proven methodologies back by customized testing in our state-of-the art Technology Enablement Centers. We focus on the fundamental elements of an effective security program, with an eye toward helping our clients address the cybersecurity skills gap and leverage the cloud to boost agility and innovate faster than ever before.
The Sirius Security Practice helps clients with such things as:
- Infrastructure Security
- Data & Application Security
- Intelligence & Analytics
- Threat & Vulnerability Management
- Identity & Access Management
- Program Strategy & Operations