Digital transformation is making market disruption the norm, challenging IT leaders to embrace innovation more aggressively. To this end, an increasing number of IT leaders and their organizations are looking to leverage specialty service providers to augment their organization’s IT team.
From cloud services to storage and managed services, Anything-as-a-Service (XaaS) is predicted to dominate the tech industry in 2019, equipping businesses with the added expertise and aid they need to stay competitive and thrive.
IT Services by the Numbers
- Forrester predicts that both business and government spending on software and services will increase by 5.1% this year
- According to IDC, almost half of IT spending will be cloud-based technology in 2018, reaching 60% of all IT infrastructure and 60-70% of all software, services and technology spending by 2020
- Overall, the IT services growth trend indicates a 4.6% rise in 2019
Some of the challenges driving XaaS demand include:
- Maintaining IT compliance standards
- Having the right technology expertise
- Providing IT environments tuned for all types of workload
- Ability to provide real-time analytics
- Forecasting storage needs
These and other related challenges mean hybrid cloud, analytics and storage services are expected to rank among the top sought IT services by businesses in the coming year.
For more insight as well as Pro Tips on choosing managed service providers, read our new article on the Top 3 IT Services That Will Rule 2019.