Adopting DevOps practices and tooling has proved to be a powerful competitive advantage for software development organizations. The 2016 State of DevOps Report shows high DevOps performers:
- Deploy 200 times more often
- Spend 30% more time implementing new features and functionality
- Spend 22% less time on unplanned work & rework
- Spend 50% less time remediating security issues
- Have 3x fewer failure rates
- Recover 24x faster from failures
Getting to DevOps Nirvana, though, can be challenging. Depending on a person’s role in the organization, drastically differing views on what constitutes DevOps is not uncommon. Additionally, with so many disparate roles vying for DevOps dollars, organizations can become paralyzed not knowing where to start, or worse, attempt to take on too many activities resulting in a lack of focus where nothing is ever completed.
This is where Sirius’ DevOps Reference Architecture shines. Sirius uses our DevOps Reference Architecture and associated Maturity Model in two powerful ways:
- As an assessment methodology to help organizations quickly and efficiently understand how they stand against the 15 key components that make up DevOps Nirvana
- To build an implementation roadmap that prioritizes which components to focus on given the organization’s current maturity in each, while taking into account which components are most beneficial to implement now versus later
Sirius’ proprietary DevOps Reference Architecture helps clients understand the whole DevOps picture so they can clearly see their strengths or weaknesses, and provides a proven roadmap for realizing powerful DevOps benefits.
If you are struggling with how to take advantage of the power of DevOps, and would like Sirius to help, please contact us. Or for more information on Sirius’ DevOps capabilities, join our Voyage to DevOps Webinar Series.