New-era cloud environments and applications such as analytics, mobile and social are driving huge growth in data volumes, making data the new natural resource. As such, today’s enterprises need an efficient storage infrastructure to extract the most value from data at the lowest cost, with the least amount of effort and the greatest amount of flexibility. However, finding cost-effective solutions for optimizing your current storage environments and exploiting new opportunities can put a strain on your storage budget.
If your organization needs a solution that has the ability to transform data economics for new and traditional applications while providing greater speed, agility and efficiency through software, software-defined storage solutions may be the answer. They can also help you maintain the security and reliability essential for your business-critical data.
Sirius partners with today’s leading technology solution companies to help meet the individual needs of our clients as they continue to evolve their storage infrastructure to meet constantly changing needs.
One solution Sirius offers is the IBM Spectrum Storage family – a new storage software portfolio recently announced by IBM. Spectrum Storage solutions are designed to help clients transform to a hybrid cloud model by managing massive amounts of data where they want it, how they want it, in a fast and easy manner – all from a single dashboard. The software helps move data to the right location at the right time, from flash storage for fast access, to tape and cloud for the lowest cost. These solutions combine and build on a suite of highly successful data management and data protection solutions to create an efficient storage infrastructure that dynamically stores every bit of data at the optimal cost to help maximize performance and ensure security.
In a recent press release, IBM also announced plans to invest more than $1 billion in its storage software portfolio over the next five years. With this investment, IBM aims to extend its storage technology leadership having recently been ranked #1 in software-defined storage platforms for the first three quarters of 2014 by leading industry analyst firm IDC.1
Spectrum Storage unlocks the potential of your data, and increases business agility and efficiency in ways that weren’t possible until now. It not only enhances the speed and efficiency of your storage, but also simplifies migration to new workloads. The Spectrum Storage family of solutions includes:
- IBM Spectrum Control: Based on the IBM Virtual Storage Center, this solution allows control of the infrastructure using analytics-driven data management that helps reduce costs by up to 50 percent.
- IBM Spectrum Protect: Based on IBM Tivoli Storage Manager, this solution helps protect data and reduce backup costs.
- IBM Spectrum Accelerate: This IBM XIV software solution allows for accelerated enterprise storage for cloud deployments.
- IBM Spectrum Scale: Based on Elastic Storage, this solution scales high-performance storage up to 1.5 petabytes of unstructured data.
- IBM Spectrum Virtualize: Based on IBM SAN Volume Controller (SVC), this solution virtualizes heterogeneous storage environments allowing them to store up to five times more data.
- IBM Spectrum Archive: Based on IBM Linear Tape File System (LTFS), this solution allows your system to archive data for faster access, and reduces TCO for archived data by approximately 90 percent.
Let Sirius help you simplify your storage management and data protection capabilities for increased performance and scalability.
Interested in learning more about software-defined storage solutions? Download the software-defined storage e-book Data without Borders.
1 IDC Worldwide Quarterly Storage Software Qview, December 2014. 4Q 2014 report is pending.