Over the past couple of months, Sirius has launched a number of informative videos addressing what our clients have identified as some of the IT challenges that are keeping them up at night. This week’s video focuses on software asset management.
Software management can be tricky and even cumbersome due to the wide array of applications and licensing agreements that most organizations need to keep their business running smoothly. Finding the right solution for managing these assets can help relieve the burden by giving you a real time view of your software consumption and compliance so you get more value from your software and reduce your risk of audit.
One powerful solution that Sirius offers for managing software assets is the FlexNet Manager Platform from Flexera Software, which provides insight into installed software and application usage, license reconciliation, and software license compliance. The FlexNet Manager Platform is the foundation of the FlexNet Manager Suite for Enterprises, which is used by hundreds of enterprises to gain control of and optimize spend across their hardware and software estate. The Platform allows organizations to quickly achieve Continuous License Compliance — Level 3 in the Software License Optimization Maturity Model — reducing software audit cost and risk.
FlexNet provides a full summary of all your products so you always know what you have in your IT environment. Other benefits include:
- Automates discovery and inventory of software and hardware assets in the enterprise across a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Windows Server, Linux, UNIX and Mac OS, from desktops to data center servers
- Offers discovery and inventory of virtual servers for VMware vSphere, ESX and Microsoft Hyper-V environments
- Integrates with third-party configuration management and inventory tools to allow importing of inventory data from your existing systems
- Consolidates multiple sources of inventory data to achieve the highest possible coverage across your IT environment
- Provides out-of-the-box support for SCCM 2012 and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync for importing of mobile device inventory data, for hardware asset management of these devices
Together, IBM and Sirius provide powerful and highly scalable solutions for asset management to help you gain visibility and control over your software usage and licensing agreements. Our software developers, architects, project managers and business analysts add value to your organization by helping align IT solutions with your business strategy, and helping you evaluate, acquire and implement software solutions that take advantage of your specific business priorities.
Watch the Software Asset Management video to learn more.