Grinnell Mutual is a property and casualty company in Grinnell, Iowa. In December 2012 their web traffic consisted of 10 percent mobile and increased to 18 percent by December 2013. With the knowledge that a growing number of customers will be using their mobile devices rather than PCs to access their website, including their new policyholder account management site, Grinnell Mutual enlisted Sirius to create a mobile site for both tablet and phone that connected to their backend systems and utilized their existing business logic. The solution allowed for policy information to be streamed to mobile devices; click and dial functionality for users to contact Grinnell Mutual or their agents at the touch of a finger; and Google maps integration allowing users to see where agents are located.
Other features of the mobile site include:
- Pay bill – Tap to pay policy premium by credit card or e-check.
- View ID card – Viewing an auto ID card is as easy as selecting the policy number and tapping view. Several states where Grinnell Mutual does business allow drivers to show digital proof of insurance at a traffic stop.
- Manage account – Use this feature to view policy information, including billing details, policy terms, declarations pages, notices, and more.
- View claims – Policyholders can check the status of a claim and contact a claims adjuster.
- Contact agents – Policyholders can use this feature to contact their agents or search for an independent agent that writes for Grinnell Mutual. Policyholders can call, email, or visit their agents’ websites from the mobile site.
You can read the full press release here.
To learn more about how your organization and Sirius can work together to develop mobile strategies and solutions, click here.
Greg Peters is a Lead Solutions Specialist with Sirius Computer Solutions.