Five-page paper from NetApp highlights trends, developments and tips to make your storage environment more efficient.
Yes, storage is a challenge for every IT professional, and affects companies of all sizes. But smart strategies implemented to address your specific challenges can save significant dollars and – most importantly – save significant man-hours that could otherwise be wasted. Don’t let storage growth and complexity paralyze your corporate and IT objectives.
The Top 10 Smart Things to Know about Storage include:
- Storage Scaling
- Acquisition Costs Are on the Rise
- Storage Complexity is Decreasing
- Thin Provisioning is Becoming More Popular
- Downtime is Getting More Expensive
- Data Migration is Becoming More Complex
- You Need to Protect Your Data
- Deduplication: Why It’s a Good Idea
- The Cloud
- Unified Storage Is the Solution
Ruby Grace Ong is a Corporate Communications Specialist with Sirius Computer Solutions.